Remakes? Not again...

on Saturday, December 27, 2008


Oh my God!
How true that ABS-CBN is doing the Filipino version of Twilight (Stephenie Meyer)? According to "Captain's Log" (http://jepoy.bengero.com/) ABS-CBN will start filming the Filipino version of Twilight called Takipsilim. According to Perez Hilton (top celeb blogger), Rayver Cruz and Shaina Magdayao will be portraying Edward and Isabella respectively and will be directed by Cathy Garcia Molina.

What is happening in the entertainment industry? Everything they show now are remakes, songs, we are just doing revivals. Where are the passionate writers? I’ve seen stories in some blogs, some are really good just like this story by E.L. Minell called Paranoia (http://www.kwento.100megsfree5.com/Paranoia.html)... Until now I still wonder if it did really happened, gave me goosebumps sometimes (I am from QC and I reap that same road mentioned, almost every week!).

Going back, I still believe there are artists there who want to be known for their craft, one that is original and unpublished. I am not against the classics but sometimes, it appears “wala nang originality, lahat ginaya…” Okay so there are those which appeared FRESH and NEW but scrutinize it, storyline is almost the same as the one you saw way back (a foreign film for instance).

Anyway, I am still giving the benefit of the doubt to the people behind remakes. Perhaps, they are just fascinated with before films, which have great, deserves applause artists, I must say, I was once a fan of oldie films too!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baket may MTV logo sa lower right corner ng poster?

Hindi pa rin ako naniniwalang totoo 'yan. Masyadong joke time.

auburn-locks said...

I don't believe too...kaya nga am posting baka may sumagot.

Super concern noh? kadiri kasi.

Musta na? Ahahah sorry hah, masyado ko nalibang sa holiday break eh, nalimutan ko na MMFF gimik natin. :D

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the MMMMMMFFFFFF thing, I think I'll just watch Baler and that'll be it for this year.