CLAVEL and Happy Monday’s @ Embassy

on Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Colleagues and I went to Embassy last night not to just experience that Happy Mondays but also to attend launching of Ms. CLAVEL, newest magazine dedicated to sneakers and… girls. It was an open-bar for all the drinks. Since it is free, I tried two drinks, which I find interesting. I was craving for some girly drink so I asked for Mango Daquiri, said it has a shot of rum and Mango Margarita, with Tequila. Both taste really good, like a mango shake with a kick!

So attended that Ms. CLAVEL launch. The magazine, it’s promising and the onset objective of releasing a mag that features nothing but sneaker is one great idea. No publication has released a magazine as hard core as this. However, it turns out that it’s not only the shoe their selling, it’s also the girls, well am not so surprised that they are in the cover and inside pages.

However, I just can’t help but to comment on the AVP that they showed last night. There are scenes that are so irrelevant (like the paulit-ulit na pagyugyog sa kama, pagsubo sa parang hardboiled egg, focusing on the boobs than on the shoes, and other shots na..wala, pang-manyakis lang, perhaps, perhaps these shots was added to tease the guys more, right? (I do not mean to sound offensive to those behind C, but these are my POVs, maybe you want to consider this as a constructive criticism) Here's the link of the AVP, check it yourselves - MS.CLAVEL DVD VIDEO PREVIEW

Going back to the magazine, it really has a good purpose, especially if they focus more on the shoes and some gadgets! Okay, I may not the right market, that’s why I’m making these extraneous comments, but, the kind of using girls as “glitters and scents” to their magazine to make it more inviting, is already a norm, nothing special about it, just your usual men magazine. So if we are talking about sneakers… hey don’t alienate us, GIRLS, we also love wearing, owning them!

Anyway, hope we’ll see more sneakers on next issues, because, promise, I liked the magazine mainly it features SHOES, which I told in previous post, one of my addictions. Haha! Or... or feature cute boys too, not necessarily in their BOXERS and BRIEFS okay!? I know there’ll be changes in the magazine soon, better layout, better photographs, more artistic shots etc. to make it more appealing, readable and worthy of our monies.  

0 comments: