No room for regrets!

on Wednesday, September 19, 2012


20 September 2012

Stella (colleague) absolutely right, unknowingly, the tea that I had is preventing me to from sleeping (00:58 at the moment).  I thought of “why not I listen to my Bible audio book?” – nah, cannot because am charging and plug is away from the bed, another is “I will just read the book I bought yesterday!” – oh, also cannot – BF needs to sleep and yes, lights off. Instead, I just opened my laptop and surf online – first website to visit… recently held Spikes Asia 2012.

Happy to tell that I became part of it (Spikes), and yes, it was the first and hopefully not the last renowned advertising festival for me. My company (Aegis Media, Thank You!!!) sent me as a delegate cum competitor for Young Spikes  - Media category. Cut story short, not lucky enough to bag some medals but did bring home a tremendous experience that leaves a handful of lessons to take note and make use of.
In fact, not being so melodramatic, Spikes became an awakening point for me. I have a lot of realizations and have recalled how I became so lax with everything. Thought I was good enough, prepared enough and knowledgeable enough. So I stopped reading. I got tired of crafting short stories and noticed that I haven’t updated my blog for a year or so. What happened to my passion to dancing? I have bought running shoes that I rarely use and signed up for a year of gym class that I seldom go to. In short, I just found myself being stuck in a super unhealthy routine that has not helped me to grow mentally, spiritually and emotionally – oh yes, physically I did grow - hips and tummy are wider than before! Not good. All these hit me like a tornado crashing into a dilapidated house…. Totally ruined. (Yes, I exaggerated!)

But instead of to weep after devastation, I quickly got on my feet and cleared my mind Рplan ahead! With the help of my friends and family members (boyfriend and sis especially) I was able to get enough confidence to start and continue the fight in the search for greatness Рvery clich̩ but true. Like one friend told me, pain is what makes us stronger. Hence, if I am in so much pain now because a new and better version of me is coming out of me also. Of course, it will not be easy like am super okay in an instant; I needed to do some retail therapy. For a change, I bought myself a book. It has been a very long time (I cannot remember) since the last time I bought one. I am on chapter 2 now, and am very happy that it is working little by little.

Such may not be enough. Another one I just added to my bucket list is to try and experience becoming a lector in church. I always go to church but the fact of go to church because you are to render your for a gospel, is something very new yet totally nerve-wracking. Must conquer fear – usual advise from our dear friends especially those succeed ones – usual advise that I must really take on seriously. What is it in there that we need to feel afraid of? It’s not the end of the world if we commit this work related mistakes (unless a crime perhaps?) and just like artiste, we’re always as good as our last performance so better give it all!
Okay, I think the tea in my body is already diluted by water I took before hitting the bed – drowsy now.
Tell you more about my day tomorrow and what other realizations that have been filling up my mind.

Good night. 

0 comments: